Although NYFW shows are still in full swing (it's the last day!), here's a little recap of some of my favorite looks so far. There are so many more but this is just a snipped of what caught my eye. What is your #1 favorite look out of the above?
Trends will be analyzed soon enough after Fashion Month is over, but here's me blurting out some tendencies that seem to be in the air for fall/winter 2013, in my humble point of view:
• Colors I've seen a lot are navy combined with black, forrest green, winter whites and washed out brights.
• Hints of bohemian and oriental influences but with a more modern feel. The other way around, there are many cool new takes on classic prints (houndstooth galore!).
• Boxy shapes with rounded shoulders. If anything is fitted, it's high at the hip rather than in the waist.
• Pajama dressing is still around but in a more grown up, controlled way.
• Layers and layers, for coziness and simply because playing around with many pieces in one outfit allows you to display more of your personal style.
• Coats are a focus point, rather than shoes or bags.
• Fabrics are often fluffy and furry, quite touchable. There was a lot of shiny, oversized leather too.
• Also, over the knee boots are everything.
TOP DOWN: FALL/WINTER FROM 3.1 PHILLIP LIM, JILL STUART, TIBI, THAKOON, THEYSKENS THEORY. Images via Style.com